Cricket World Cup: the most important cricket competition
Cricket World Cup: popularity and growth
Why is Cricket World Cup considered the “mother” of all tournaments?
If you ask people in India, Australia, England, and other commonwealth countries what the most important sportive event is, they will answer: “Of course, you are talking about Cricket World Cup”, as they are into one of the most exciting sports ever seen.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Investment on cricket.
2. Most popular cricketers.
3. Reasons that make cricket a remarkable sport.
4. Interesting facts about the Cricket World Cup.
5. History of Cricket World Cup.
6. The next Cricket World Cup tournament.
Cricket World Cup is so popular as it shows people the best of the second most popular sport around over the world. Here, it is important to mention that after football, cricket is the second sport which makes people sit down on a couch to watch the best of it in every match.
Cricket has become more popular in Eastern countries as America had popularized other sports such as soccer or basketball as well. However, this does not stop cricket being another beloved sport in commonwealth countries and around over the world.
Online lottery versus traditional lottery games
Make money with Online Betting – Fun88
For those who are not into cricket, it is a sport like baseball, where 11 vs. 11 cricketers play and a ball is thrown to which the opponent must hit with a paddle, trying to run to the other end and complete a race.
Rummy: understand the rules and start having fun! - Fun88
According to historians, this sport was originated in England several hundred years ago and by the 18th century. Cricket was already the most popular sport in the country. Later, during the colonial expansion period, England exported its practice to the countries they dominated.
Investment on cricket
As we mentioned in previous articles, commonwealth countries succeed in cricket matches as they invest money on the cricket developing, providing coaching, media exposure and all cricketers need to perform for the best on the field.
Consequently, there’s not a random thing that cricket has 2,500 million fans around the world, according to statistics. The only sport with more fans, of course, it is soccer with 3,500 million of fanatics worldwide.
Therefore, cricket generates millions of dollars in sponsorship and has a presence in some countries in Europe, Oceania, and the bulk in Asia as those countries give money support to their cricketers, especially when the Cricket World Cup is held.
Why are slots the most popular Online Betting games in India? – Fun88
Cricket is currently played in England, Wales, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and some other Caribbean countries with British influence. Those Caribbean countries form part of the West Indies team.
Conforming to media, the number of fans (2.5 billion) is concentrated in a few countries but makes it an attractive sport due to its population reach: “Taking as a reference that FIFA earns approximately $4 billion dollars every 4 years with the World Cup, cricket is not far behind since it has budgeted to earn a little more than $1.5 billion dollars in the period 2010 to 2015, for sponsorship, broadcasting, and licensing rights”, media says.
In terms of revenue, here are some examples of what cricket tournaments and leagues earn per year from sponsorship and TV rights: The Indian Premier League receives about $165 million dollars, followed by some international tournaments with $68 million, the English league $66 million and the Australian league $57 million.
Most popular cricketers
Just as in soccer we have a Cristiano Ronaldo or Lio Messi who are cracks and millionaires, also in cricket there are great figures who inspire millions of fans around over the world. The most remarkable cricketer from the current time is Mahendra Singh Dhoni, an Indian player who earns close to $23 million dollars.
Sachin Tendulkar, who have gained popularity as Singh Dhoni, is the best batsman of his generation as he has a great performance of the cricket field. According to media sources, his sponsors pay him an estimate of $16 million dollars. In short, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar are considered the best paid cricketers around over the world, while they have got the admiration of many fans.
Play Teen Patti during the Diwali festival in India! – Fun88
Why is Cricket World Cup one of the most remarkable cricket competitions?
Cricket World Cup presents the best of cricket in a major event, organized by the ICC. This event is often held every four years and Australia’s team has lifted the Cricket World Cup in most of editions: “Australia is the most successful team in the competition's history, winning five tournaments and finishing as runner-up twice”, several sources mention.
However, India, Pakistan and other commonwealth nations have often performed well in the Cricket World Cup. India has won the award twice. On the other hand, West Indies has also won twice, while Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka have lifted the cup just once.
As nations from diverse continents attend the Cricket World Cup, this is the most awaited cricket event by fans, “Cricket world cup is one of the most keenly awaited tournaments in the field of cricket.
The Ashes and India-Pakistan series are no doubt very much awaited by fans, but at the end of the day World Cup Cricket is about the participation of all the test playing nations of the world and this is a much bigger platform indeed for teams and players to prove their talent and potential”, Elia Wilson, cricket expert, mentioned.
Another reason why Cricket World Cup has become so popular is that it takes place every four years, which is fascinating for fans. The next edition of the world cup will be held in the year 2023, in India.
Find out what happens to unclaimed online lottery tickets
Online Betting: what players to bet on during the Cricket World Cup – Fun88
Some interesting facts about Cricket World Cup (and cricket itself)
- ✔️ In 2003, Australia defeated India in the finals, when India seemed unbeatable until they played against Australian team. This World Cup was held in 2003, in South Africa. As mentioned in many articles, Australian team has been the best one around time. Australia has won five times, performing wonderfully every time they are on the field and showing their talent and great potential as cricket team.
- ✔️ Experts say that every Cricket World Cup is done in a unique style as teams keep always in touch with the cricket game. Cricket is not just about training, but also strategy and creating new playing styles to innovate the sport as it gets.
- ✔️ A few years ago, South Africa became champions in the under-19 Cricket World Cup. In what was an even final, this team defeated Pakistan, who came as favorites for having two titles in their history. It was an even match, as the final score was 134-4 to 131 in favor of the South Africans.
- ✔️ For Western countries, Cricket can seem a weird sport. Even tough, it should be noticed that it is a sport that has millions of followers in different corners of the planet (some say that, given the number of viewers it attracts, it could be the second most famous sport in the world).
- ✔️ The fact that it does not have Olympic status, despite a brief appearance in the 1900 edition of the games, or that, beyond the multiple explanations, it does not have sufficient weight in the American countries, contribute to this supposed lack of popularity. Even tough, it is the second most popular sport around over the world.
- ✔️ Conforming to history, there are different views as to when the sport emerged, but most suggested that it was after the fall of the Western Roman Empire (and before the Norman invasion of the English) somewhere in northern Europe. That dates to the the mid-16th century: the earliest evidence of a cricket-like event dates from 1550, in Guilford, a town in southern England.
- ✔️ Nor is there much certainty as to how or why the game originated. Many suggest that it derives from a pastime in which one player would position a certain object, which could be a ball or a piece of wood, for another to hit with a prepared bat. On the other hand, it is also a mystery how the rules were modified until reaching the current version.
- ✔️ However, history can show that it did not take many years for it to become a popular sport. Before the end of the 17th century, cricket had already spread throughout much of England, taking over schools and organizations and attracting male audiences of all ages. For example, the earliest record of Britons playing cricket outside their own country is from a competition in 1676 in Syria.
- ✔️ ICC organizes more major tournaments than the Cricket World Cup. The t20 world cup is another major event where the best cricketers attend. Moreover, there’s a Women Cricket World Cup, another popular event where you can see the best of female cricket, especially from India, England, Australia, and other countries.
- ✔️ Some people believe that the role of the coach will gain strength with the passage of time and competitions, and that it will reach a status like that of other sports. However, there are so many things to consider that go beyond the coach role.
Brief history of World Cricket Cup matches
Nineteen nations have qualified for the Cricket World Cup final at least once (excluding qualifying tournaments). Seven teams have contested in all final contests, five of which have won the Cricket World Cup title.
According to cricket history data, The West Indies won the first two tournaments, and Australia have won four, India have won two, while Pakistan and Sri Lanka have each won once. The West Indies (1975 and 1979) and Australia (1999, 2003 and 2007) are the only nations which have won back-to-back titles.
“Australia has played in 6 of the 10 final matches (1975, 1987, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2007). England has yet to win the World Cup, but has been runner-up three times (1979, 1987, 1992). The best result of a non-test playing nation is the semi-final by Kenya in the 2003 tournament, while the best result of a non-test playing team on its debut is the Super 8 (second round) by Ireland in 2007”, many sources indicate.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka, who co-hosted the Cricket World Cup in 1996, was the first host to win the tournament, although the final was held in Pakistan. Moreover, India won in 2011 as hosts and was the first team to win in a final played on home field.
“Other countries that have achieved or equaled their best World Cup results while co-hosting the tournament include New Zealand, a semifinalist in 1992; Zimbabwe, reaching the Super Six in 2003; and Kenya, a semifinalist in 2003. In 1987, co-hosts India and Pakistan both reached the semifinals, but they were eliminated by Australia and England, respectively”, history says.
Is there a Cricket World Cup competition held in 2022?
No. As you know, the Cricket World Cup competition is held every four years, so there’s no contest in 2022. However, the competition is expected to take place next year in India, where is one of the nations that has lots of cricket fanatics, expecting the new of the World Cup next year.
As mentioned in previous articles, the Cricket World Cup is going to be the 13th edition of this championship and it will be held in India, being the fourth time that India hosts the Cricket World Cup.
Furthermore, it is important to mention that India supports this sport more than others, as cricket is basically considered “the national sport”. As you can see, Indians learn cricket since childhood, that’s why they appreciate this sport more than others.
In short, we will enjoy the best of cricket in 2023, watching the best teams on the field from October to November 2023: “The 2023 Cricket World Cup will be the thirteenth edition of the premier men's cricket tournament. It will take place in India from October to November 26th. It will be the first time that the tourney will be hosted entirely in India”.
India has hosted the Cricket World Cup four times. However, the last times were partially basis in 1987, 1996 and 2011, but this 2023, the Cricket World Cup will be completely held in India. Let’s get ready to celebrate the best of cricket the next year and do not miss any detail!
Cricket World cup is coming soon on January 14th, 2022! - Fun88